Friday, November 22, 2013

Everyone gets the blues, but I have the blahs...

I'm stuck in this rut. Neither here nor there, I feel like my life has paused. Nothing changes, nothing happens... I'm not moving toward anything. 

More than anything, I'm sad. I don't know what's making me sad. I don't know how to not feel sad anymore. 

I want change, yet I don't know what needs to be changed. At least if I knew the cause of these feelings, I could do something about changing them. But nothing has happened. Everything is the same as it always has been. Maybe that's the problem. I'm sad because nothing in my life is changing? But my life isn't so bad that it needs change. Grrr, I can't even express my feelings properly. How can I write when I don't know what I'm writing about? How do you write about emptiness? 

I feel sad, empty, unsatisfied, bored, angry, scared, insatiable, incomplete... 

I want to change my life. I want to be one of those people who gets up early, who gets in more exercise, who's accomplishing something in their career, who has a home and not a house, who can sleep throughout the night. 

Last January, I made two predictions of things I wanted to accomplish this year. Neither of them have come true. As the year ends, it's back to the drawing board...  

No comments:

Post a Comment